Like so many others we are doing well all year with our Routine and then the Summer arrives, the Sun comes out and we can struggle to stay committed to our weekly workouts. While this only happens for two to three months out of the year, the distractions can come up fast and we can think of plenty of excuses not to exercise. So when it comes to staying in shape this summer, here are some tips to help you keep motivated this Summer at Source Health & Fitness:
- Why not come up with a Friend? Not only will this create some accountability, but you’ll also feel like you’re also getting a healthy dose of some social time. The only thing better than one fitness friend is a bunch of fitness friends, so we would also recommend group fitness classes to scratch that social itch and build that during-workout accountability. Check out our Class Timetable here
- Try Something different! If you feel you are doing the same form of exercise and you are looking for something new Source has everything under one roof! i.e. Get a personalised Gym program, try Swimming, Tennis, Squash, Zumba, Spinning, Pump, Zuu, Metafit classes, Deep water Aqua and so much more… so keep motivated with the help of our team and try something different. Check out our recommended introductory classes here
- Mix up your routine this Summer. i.e if you feel you are doing high-impact exercises like running outside at the moment and you are putting pressure on our joints. Try Mixing in low-impact workouts that will give your joints the rest while keeping the muscles engaged. Low-impact workouts will also improve your performance when doing your other exercises; i.e. Aqua aerobics, Swimming, Toning Classes, or a Low impact personalised Gym program from one of our highly qualified Gym instructors..
- Finding it hard to find a child minder or something for your teens to do this Summer? Why not bring all the family up, with our Creche facility for younger members, Summer Camps, Supervised Teen gym hours and the gym open to over 14s, we have something for all the Family. Check out our Summer news here, which will give you some more information on what is on for Juniors this Summer…
- Why not take advantage of longer days and earlier starts when the Sun is out! If the Sunshine is interrupting your training schedule, don’t let it! 30-60 mins of exercise will make you look and feel better than any amount of sunshine! Begin your workouts earlier in the morning, or try doing them a little later at night. With the sun out for a longer period of time, your mind will be more receptive to working out both earlier and later than you may be used to. Whichever time you choose, creating consistency in your schedule will help you stick to your routine and ultimately achieve your fitness goals. Note: We have Classes to suit the early risers and two lanes in our 25 metre pool for lane swimmers and with long opening hours of our Club from 6.30am to 10.00pm Monday to Friday and from 7.15am to 9.00pm Saturday & Sunday, we have times to suit all schedules.
- Always make sure to stretch before and after your workouts. Often we forget to stretch in the summer because we feel as though our muscles are already “warm enough,” due to the heat. Remember that stretching not only prevents injuries but also helps us to create the long lean muscles that we love oh-so-much. Stretching also helps to metabolize blood sugar, which reduces fat storage, and improves coordination to allow us to move with efficiency and grace.
- Finally, set your summer goals. Are you looking to run a marathon this Autumn, learn how to play tennis or to swim or simply feel good baring more skin? Book in for a consultation here with one of the Source team and we will be happy to help with your goals. When you have a set goal that you are working toward, your workouts become more meaningful!
Hopefully these tips will help you build and stick to your exercise routine, even during these distraction-filled summer months! If you would like any further information on any aspect of the club please contact any of the team on 021 4505128 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope you all have a Fit, Healthy and Happy Summer from all at Source!