Health Suite Area Rules & Guidelines
Click on the tabs below to read more:
- No person under 16 years are allowed in the health suite area.
- Safety warnings & rules are in your best interest. Please obey them.
- Appropriate swimwear must be worn at all times.
- All persons must shower before accessing the pool or health suite area. Members must also shower after using the health suite area if they intend to re-enter the pool.
- Glass bottles, razors or other sharp items are not permitted in steam room / sauna.
- Please refrain from interfering with the thermostat in the sauna and steam room.
- Cameras and mobile phones with photographic capabilities are strictly prohibited.
- Remove any metals as they can become very hot in the steam room / sauna
- During the steam room / sauna session drink plenty of fluids to replace those lost due to perspiration
- It is advisable to remove contact lenses as they can become uncomfortable
- Have a thorough shower before use to cleanse the skin
- Enter the steam room / sauna and sit down
- Relax for 5 – 10 minutes, this will raise the body temperature and the perspiration will cleanse the pores of the skin
- Leave the steam room / sauna and cool down immediately by taking a cold shower or gradually by sitting on the bench or poolside.
- Return to the steam room / sauna for a further 5 – 10 minutes
- The hot / cold cycle can be repeated as often as comfort allows
- When ready to leave, patrons should cool down and relax after steam room / sauna session.
You should not use the Steam Room / Jacuzzi / Sauna if you:
- Are pregnant.
- Are suffering from heart disease, circulatory problems, high/low blood pressure, diabetes, kidney disease or an illness causing an inability to perspire.
- Have any infectious skin diseases / sores / wounds.
- Have consumed a meal or alcohol within one and a half hours.
- Have recently exercised. Time should be allowed to enable the body temperature to return to normal.
- Are suffering from infectious skin diseases, sores or wounds.
- Are suffering from an illness causing an inability to perspire.
- Are taking anticoagulants, antihistamines, vasoconstrictors, vasodilators, stimulants, hypnotics, narcotics or tranquillisers or any other medications whatsoever which makes you unsure as to the advisability of using Sauna, Steam Room or Jacuzzi.
- Have had a heavy meal within one and half hours
- There are detailed .guidelines posted on the walls for the safe use of the facilities in the health suite area, please make yourself familiar with these before use.
The Potential Hazards are:
- Adverse reaction caused by excess heat or overuse, including giddiness and fainting.
- Burns caused through contact with the sauna stove, steam room vents and light fitting.
- Injury caused by glass light fitting shattering.
- Shock due to sudden, extreme changes in temperature induced by use of cold showers.
- Allergy to chemicals used in health suite area.
- Fire or fumes from towels placed on or above the sauna stove.
- Slipping injuries caused by wet flooring.