Pilates in Cork at Source Health & Fitness… Why Pilates?
Pilates can benefit everyone, whether you are a beginner to exercise or an athlete! Many people perceive Pilates to be just a method of ‘core conditioning’ but you are actually working every muscle in the body through a system of strengthening and stretching exercises using the core for balance while exercising. It is important to work all muscle groups as opposed to just focusing on one, this helps prevent injury by preventing muscle imbalance. Pilates is concerned with proper breathing, concentration, relaxation, posture and body awareness, support for the spine and joints of the body and working toward correct muscle balance and tone. Pilates treats the body as an integrated whole so eliminates this possibility, thereby reducing the risks of injury.
Pilates courses are held here at Source Health & Fitness every:
Monday 9.15am-10.00am (Beginner Course)
Monday 10.00am-11.00am (Improver Course)
Wednesday 6.00pm-6.45pm (Beginner mat Course)
Thursday 6.00pm-7.00pm (Improver mat Course)
All Pilates classes are run as a course, as you get more benefit out of doing Pilates over a number of weeks. All our classes and courses here at Source are for both members and non members. To check out the next start date of Pilates click here
The Benefits of Pilates are as follows:
- Shaping up and losing weight. Pilates will help you lose weight significantly by building lean muscle tone on your body that has a high metabolism. Muscle burns calories faster than if it was not on your body, thereby helping you to strip away fat faster, and keep it off. Pilates will give you attractive, lean muscle tone and a more streamlined shape.
- Toning for all the muscles of the body – including stomach, hips, lower back and buttocks, all of which are the ‘powerhouse’ of the body that are key to good posture and proper muscle usage. This makes even the most difficult daily tasks seem effortless.
- Core conditioning – better understanding and use of the pelvic floor muscles and deep abdominals which support the spine, as well as the support muscles for all the joints.
- Pilates aids recovery from injury and injury prevention.
- Benefits people with back problems, weak or injured necks, shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, knees or ankles, sports injuries, bad posture, spine problems, asthma and breathing conditions and stress related conditions.
- Improved performance in sports.
- Muscle balance for the whole body.
- Strength and endurance.
- Suppleness of limbs.
- Better body and posture awareness – better understanding of the muscles that support and move us.
- Pilates will make you more productive – both mentally and physically
- Better coordination and mind – body connection
- Feel-good factor
Who can Benefit?
- All ages and abilities
- Male and Female
- Those recovering from injury
- People with back problems, weak or injured necks, shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, knees or ankles
- People with sedentary lifestyles who wish to begin a fitness or health programme.
- People with very active lifestyles
- People with physical jobs that may involve a lot of heavy lifting or pulling or dragging.
- Sports people and athletes
- People with digestive disorders e.g. IBS
- People in need of stress relief and relaxation
- People in need of better coordination skills and/or concentration
- People with breathing problems, e.g. asthma
- Women prior to pregnancy, during pregnancy and post-pregnancy.
See and feel the benefits of Pilates for yourself at Source Health & Fitness, Cork.
To book your next Course tel: 0214505128