Located within the grounds of Silversprings Hotel, Source Health & Fitness is long regarded as one of Cork’s leading Fitness providers. The team here pride themselves on possessing vast experience on all aspects of Fitness to make all experiences here truly worth while and enjoyable. So if you’re looking for a fitness centre in Cork, Source Health and Fitness is the place for you! The facilities are superb and we believe we have something to cater for all fitness levels and desires.
|Open:Monday – Friday:||6.30am – 10.00pm|
|Saturday & Sunday:||7.15am – 9.00pm|
|Bank Holiday Mondays:||8.00am – 8.00pm|
Click on the the tabs below to read more:
INTRODUCTION TO THE GYM
We have three sections in the gym
- Cardio Vascular
- Free Weight
Every member that joins with Source will receive a free fitness test from one of our highly qualified instructors.
- Testing of respiratory, blood pressure, body fat, flexibility and heart rate.
- Also included is a fitness programme for 6-8 weeks. You must use the gym two to three times per week to see the best results. The instructors will monitor your progress over the weeks and will reassess you after 6-8 weeks. They are always available for any questions you may have or any problems you are encountering.
TARGET BASED TRAINING
Looking for one to one training? We have Target Based Training sessions available for members with our Gym Instructors.
10 sessions for €200
- Improve Your Overall Fitness! Surveys show the primary reason people hire personal trainers is to get professional assistance to improve cardiovascular health, strength, flexibility, endurance, posture, balance and coordination. A personal trainer will monitor your progress and fine-tune your program as you go, helping you all the way.
- 2. Reach or Maintain a Healthy Weight! Body fat reduction, weight reduction or management, body shaping and toning can all be achieved with the aid of a qualified personal trainer, who can help you set realistic goals and determine safe strategies, all while providing the encouragement you need.
Learn to Stick to It! Sticking with well-intentioned plans is one of the biggest challenges exercisers face. Qualified personal trainers can provide motivation for developing a lifestyle that places a high priority on health and activity. A personal trainer can help you brainstorm ways to overcome your biggest obstacles to exercise.
4. Focus on Your Unique Health Concerns! Surveys show that 50 percent of personal trainers clients have special medical needs, such as arthritis, diabetes or obesity. A personal trainer can help you with these or other issues, including low-back pain, rehabilitation from injury and pre/postnatal training. Your personal trainer can work with your physician, physical therapist or other health care provider to plan a safe, efficient program that will speed your recovery or enable you to reach your health goals.
5. Find the Right Way to Work Out! You will learn the correct way to use equipment, and appropriate form and technique for cardiovascular work and free-weight training.
6. Stop Wasting Time! Get maximum results in minimum time with a program designed specifically for you. Workouts that use your strengths and improve on your weaknesses are efficient and effective.
7. Learn New Skills! Want to improve your tennis game, learn to ski, become an in-line skater, golf like a pro, better your weekend basketball game or get ready for a wilderness adventure vacation? An individualized program can improve your overall conditioning and develop the specific skills you need.
8. Benefit From the Buddy System! What could be better than making a commitment to regularly meet with someone who will provide you with individualized attention and support?
9. Take Charge of Your Program, and Do It Your Way! With Our personal trainers, you can find the exercise program that works best for you. Are you more comfortable with a demanding program or a gentler approach? How many times per week or month do you want to meet your personal trainer.You can get fit and healthy your way and take ultimate responsibility for your own health.
- 10 x One on One Sessions for €200
- Valid For 3 Months.
- Strictly 24hour Cancellation Policy.
- Failure To give 24hour cancellation notice, will result in loss of session.
- Advance Booking Recommended
Note: We recommend you avail of our free fitness testing and 6-8 week gym programs first and if you feel you require extra motivation the one on one sessions are available.
As well as Target Based Training we have Personal Trainers available. Target based training is available from our gym instructors Brian and Brendan.
Our personal trainers are Caroline Walsh, Alan Power and Liam O Connor, for information on Personal Training or Target based training please contact reception and they will put you in touch with instructors.
- Separate spacious section solely for free weights.
- Rows of free Weights and barbells.
- Cable cross over machine, this is a multifunctional machine and can be used for chin-ups, working your arm and back muscles etc…
- Schmidt machine, this is used as an assisted bench press which should be used if you have no spotter for the bench press.
- Brian and Brendan are available for any questions regarding the weights.
Gym for over 14s
Teenagers over 14 can use the Cardio Section of the Gym here at Source Health & Fitness once they receive an induction by one of our Gym Instructors
Teenagers have to be members or their parents have to be members to avail of this facility
To book in contact the Gym on 021 4505128