Facilities : Gym
|Monday - Friday:
||6.30am - 10.00pm
|Saturday & Sunday:
||7.15am - 9.00pm
INTRODUCTION TO THE GYM
We have three sections in the gym
- Cardio Vascular
- Free Weight
- 18 Number Treadmills in total
This is the only fitness centre in Cork that has a Cardio Theatre. Headphones are available from reception to buy. You plug the headphones into the equipment and you can choose which channel on the television you wish to watch.
Ideal way to watch your favorite soap and work out. Why miss the match, work out, keep fit and still keep a close eye on your favourite team.
Every member that joins with Source will receive a free fitness test from one of our highly qualified instructors.
- Testing of respiratory, blood pressure, body fat, flexibility and heart rate.
- Also included is a fitness programme for 6 weeks. You must use the gym two to three times per week to see the best results. The instructors will monitor your progress over the weeks and will reassess you after 6-8 weeks. They are always available for any questions you may have or any problems you are encountering.
CLASSES AVAILABLE TO MEMBERS
There are two classes held in the ground floor gymnasium. These are spinning and abs classes.
SPINNING CLASS - BIKES
- Spinning classes. This involves an aerobic workout on bikes. These bikes are used solely for Spinning classes. The benefits of this class include toning, increased endurance and stamina.
- There is limited space for these classes, so it is advisable that you book well in advance.
- This class is open to members only.
- Classes are given by highly qualified fitness instructors.
- This is a free class available to all members.
- Classes are held in the morning or after aerobic classes.
- No need to book in advance just join in.
- Class given by highly qualified fitness instructors.
- Separate spacious section solely for weights.
- 2 sets of free weights.
- Cable cross, this can be used for chin-ups, working your arm and back muscles.
- Schmidt machine, this is a bench press which should be used, using a bench press for safety.
- Brian and Brendan are available for any questions regarding the weights.