Looking for the best Gym in Cork?? Look no further…
We might be bias but we believe we have the expertise and knowledge here at Source Health & Fitness to help our members achieve their goals and targets. If you are finding it difficult to start an exercise routine and stick to it, either due to the pressure of your busy life or from sheer laziness. (We can all get lazy!!) You should know that from a little perseverance from yourself and help from the team here at Source you can reap the benefit of a gym routine.
Looking to get fit and healthy or maybe to maintain or improve your current fitness levels? We have made out a list of proven benefits from Gym Workouts, So before you hit the Gym see some of the benefits below:
1. A good workout helps fight heart problems and obesity by improving blood circulation to the heart. It helps prevent heart disease and cancer. It improves blood circulation, lowers blood pressure and reduces the development of blood clots. It also makes you mentally fit and reducing the degeneration of you central nervous system, which controls coordination. It also lowers the chances of a stroke. Gym workouts also help prevent and control non insulin-dependent diabetes as increased fitness leads to better weight management According to research conducted by the Seattle Cancer Research Center a sedentary lifestyle and obesity are linked to at least 35% of cancer deaths.
For these reasons alone we should all be including exercise as part of our lifestyle!
2. Gym workouts are also known to lower stress levels and regulate anxiety levels. Exercise releases increased amounts of endorphins and calming hormones and as we all know endorphins make us happy!
3. Your self-esteem is often linked to your appearance. Gym workouts can help you lose weight and ensure better posture, revealing a fitter, healthier version of you. In turn, this transformation can boost your self-esteem and confidence to no end.
4. Gym workouts can prevent Osteoporosis, improves muscle strength and joint mobility. Workouts that include weight lifting, squats, aerobics and running prevent bone loss and help in the building and strengthening of bones.
5. Another major advantage of gym workouts is that Source Health & Fitness gym instructors put together an appropriate fitness plan for you, tailored towards your specific needs. They reassess you every 6-8 weeks with a new program designed for you. This ensures that you get the maximum benefits from your workout. One to one personal training and target based training sessions are also available.
We hope these benefits will motivate you to either start or continue working out. Here at Source we also have a 25 metre pool, Health Suite area, Creche, Indoor & Outdoor Tennis Courts, Squash Courts, Elemis Beauty Salon, Café bar… Something for everyone of all ages!!
To check out our current membership options click here