Aqua Aerobics Classes
This is a low impact class based in the shallow end of the pool. This class is suitable for non swimmers and is suitable and beneficial for all levels of fitness as it is-
- Not as stressful on the joints as other types of aerobic activity
- Strengthens and tones muscles
- Increasing stamina and endurance
- Excellent for helping the body to recover from injuries
- Beneficial for the heart and lungs by making these organs work harder and more efficiently through continuous movement
- One of the major benefits of an aqua aerobics class is that it has very low impact on muscles and joints. This greatly reduces the risk of injury and is therefore great for pregnant women and older people. It comes recommended by most physiotherapists as an exercise form for injury rehabilitation.
- Aqua aerobics is an easy way to get into shape in an almost weightless environment. It is an overall body toner and also a great way of getting used to the water. It has more toning potential because water has twelve times the resistance of air. Unlike gravity, the resistance exerted by water applies in both directions, so each movement works two muscle groups. This natural resistance of water leads to better muscular endurance and toning.
- Aqua aerobics is great for fat burning and is seen as a good option for people who are overweight and out of condition. It can also be a great alternative to land-based workouts for the elderly of those recovering from injury.
- When submerged in water your body weight is about forty to fifty percent of that on land, so it’s ideal for those with joint problems. The low impact on muscles and joints greatly reduces the risk of injury. The mitigation of gravity by flotation places less stress on the joints when stretching, and can allow a greater range of motion. The water insures that stress and compression on joints is lesser when exercising.
- Aqua-Aerobics is considered ideal for pregnant women as it helps to alleviate physical discomfort. The water supports most of your body weight so there is no stress on your already over-burdened joints and ligaments. Even better, the water also supports the heaviness of your belly, leaving you feeling almost weightless. With aqua aerobics the risk of injury is comparatively lower and there is the additional psycho-physical benefits coming from participating in regular exercise.
- Aqua-Aerobics can help improve balance and coordination as the supportive environment of the water is good for those with poor balance. As with other regular exercise, this aerobics helps increase muscle strength and toning will help improve coordination and strength.
- Aqua aerobics is considered an ideal exercise for people undergoing rehabilitation exercise or who have muscular problems. Aqua aerobics has been known to be beneficial to people suffering from arthritis and M.S.